CFATS personnel surety information collection request
The Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) Personnel Surety Program 30-Day Notice was posted for public inspection January 31. This notice describes a number of options from which facilities may choose to use for compliance with RBPS-12(iv).
ARA is particularly concerned with the inclusion of electronic verification of employees regardless of whether the employee has already been vetted through a program such as HMEs and TWICs. ARA has put a request in to discuss DHS's electronic verification requirements, as this has been a reoccurring issue.
David Wulf, Director of the Infrastructure Security Compliance Division for the Office of Infrastructure Protection with the Department of Homeland Security said DHS and industry have a shared stake in identifying potential terrorists who may seek to access our highest-risk chemical infrastructure.
You may comment on the 30-Day Notice here: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/02/03/2014-02082/chemical-facility-anti-terrorism-standards-personnel-surety-program-agency-information-collection.
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- Touch spurs plant-microbe interaction
- Canola’s genome sequenced
- BioConsortia opens headquarters, R&D facilities in California
- Potash Ridge enters into operating partnership with Tetra Tech
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting