CFATS personnel surety information collection request
The Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) Personnel Surety Program 30-Day Notice was posted for public inspection January 31. This notice describes a number of options from which facilities may choose to use for compliance with RBPS-12(iv).
ARA is particularly concerned with the inclusion of electronic verification of employees regardless of whether the employee has already been vetted through a program such as HMEs and TWICs. ARA has put a request in to discuss DHS's electronic verification requirements, as this has been a reoccurring issue.
David Wulf, Director of the Infrastructure Security Compliance Division for the Office of Infrastructure Protection with the Department of Homeland Security said DHS and industry have a shared stake in identifying potential terrorists who may seek to access our highest-risk chemical infrastructure.
You may comment on the 30-Day Notice here: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/02/03/2014-02082/chemical-facility-anti-terrorism-standards-personnel-surety-program-agency-information-collection.
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Commentary: GMOs: It’s all in the name