CF Industries to acquire Viterra’s interests in CFL
CF Industries Holdings, Inc. has entered into a definitive agreement with Glencore International plc to acquire the interests in Canadian Fertilizers Limited (CFL) currently owned by Viterra, Inc. for total cash consideration of C$915 million, subject to certain adjustments. CFL owns the largest nitrogen fertilizer complex in Canada, located in Medicine Hat, Alberta.
"We are pleased to announce this agreement to acquire Viterra's interests in CFL," commented Stephen R. Wilson, chairman and chief executive officer, CF Industries Holdings, Inc. "This acquisition is a low-risk expansion of our nitrogen supply capability, as we have operated the complex for over 35 years. It will add approximately 425,000 gross tons of ammonia and 275,000 tons of urea per year to our nitrogen production capacity in a region with low natural gas costs. This transaction demonstrates our commitment to deploy capital effectively and efficiently."
In March of 2012, Glencore announced the execution of a definitive agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Viterra. Pursuant to the agreement between CF Industries and Glencore, the interests in CFL being acquired by CF Industries consist of 34% of CFL's outstanding preferred and common stock and a product purchase agreement. As a result of the transaction and subject to the product purchase agreements with CFL, CF Industries will be entitled to purchase 100% of CFL's ammonia and urea production.
The Medicine Hat complex has two ammonia plants with 1,250,000 tons of production capacity and a urea plant with 810,000 tons of production capacity. CFL's results are currently included in CF Industries' financial statements as a consolidated variable interest entity. The completion of the transaction is subject to the closing of Glencore's acquisition of Viterra, receipt of regulatory approvals in Canada and other terms and conditions in the definitive purchase agreement.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.