Bunge completes sale of its Brazilian fertilizer business
Bunge Limited announced that it has successfully completed the sale of its Brazilian fertilizer operations, including blending facilities, brands and warehouses, to Yara International ASA for $750 million, subject to certain post-closing adjustments.
Through a long-term supply agreement with Yara, Bunge will continue to supply fertilizer to farmers in Brazil as part of its grain origination activities. The company will also continue to operate its fertilizer terminal in the Port of Santos.
"We are delighted that the transaction has been successfully completed. This sale enables Bunge to size our Brazilian fertilizer activities so they are a more streamlined complement to our agribusiness operations," stated Soren Schroder, Bunge's Chief Executive Officer. "The proceeds, when combined with reduced capital expenditures and expected lower working capital needs in the second half of 2013, will enhance our financial flexibility and strong balance sheet."
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals