Bunge completes sale of its Brazilian fertilizer business
Bunge Limited announced that it has successfully completed the sale of its Brazilian fertilizer operations, including blending facilities, brands and warehouses, to Yara International ASA for $750 million, subject to certain post-closing adjustments.
Through a long-term supply agreement with Yara, Bunge will continue to supply fertilizer to farmers in Brazil as part of its grain origination activities. The company will also continue to operate its fertilizer terminal in the Port of Santos.
"We are delighted that the transaction has been successfully completed. This sale enables Bunge to size our Brazilian fertilizer activities so they are a more streamlined complement to our agribusiness operations," stated Soren Schroder, Bunge's Chief Executive Officer. "The proceeds, when combined with reduced capital expenditures and expected lower working capital needs in the second half of 2013, will enhance our financial flexibility and strong balance sheet."
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Commentary: GMOs: It’s all in the name
- EPA regional head and ag leaders talk water quality