Bt-RR cotton seeds approved in Paraguay
Paraguay’s Producers’ Guild announced that farmers will have access to new plant transgenic cotton Bollgard-tolerant, Roundup Ready (Bt-RR) cotton seeds from Monsanto.
Paraguay’s government approved the sale of the new seeds, which are resistant to insects and herbicide glifisato Lepidoptera, after extensive testing of the seeds. According to the Producers’ Guild, all regulatory processes have been met.
The country is no stranger to adopting transgenic cotton since it already plants more than half of its cotton to a transgenic variety.
Commercial release of the new seeds is expected soon with seeds available to cotton growers by the beginning of the next crop season at the earliest.
Only the Ministry of Public Health has jet to approve the seeds.
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics