Bt-RR cotton seeds approved in Paraguay
Paraguay’s Producers’ Guild announced that farmers will have access to new plant transgenic cotton Bollgard-tolerant, Roundup Ready (Bt-RR) cotton seeds from Monsanto.
Paraguay’s government approved the sale of the new seeds, which are resistant to insects and herbicide glifisato Lepidoptera, after extensive testing of the seeds. According to the Producers’ Guild, all regulatory processes have been met.
The country is no stranger to adopting transgenic cotton since it already plants more than half of its cotton to a transgenic variety.
Commercial release of the new seeds is expected soon with seeds available to cotton growers by the beginning of the next crop season at the earliest.
Only the Ministry of Public Health has jet to approve the seeds.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment