Bt-RR cotton seeds approved in Paraguay
Paraguay’s Producers’ Guild announced that farmers will have access to new plant transgenic cotton Bollgard-tolerant, Roundup Ready (Bt-RR) cotton seeds from Monsanto.
Paraguay’s government approved the sale of the new seeds, which are resistant to insects and herbicide glifisato Lepidoptera, after extensive testing of the seeds. According to the Producers’ Guild, all regulatory processes have been met.
The country is no stranger to adopting transgenic cotton since it already plants more than half of its cotton to a transgenic variety.
Commercial release of the new seeds is expected soon with seeds available to cotton growers by the beginning of the next crop season at the earliest.
Only the Ministry of Public Health has jet to approve the seeds.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement