Brent Bidner named 2012 Professional Farm Manager of the Year
click image to zoomRich Keller, Editor, AgProfessionalFrom left to right: Craig Abell, Syngenta; Rick Patton, AgProfessional publisher; Brent Bidner, Hertz Farm Management, 2012 Professional Farm Manager of the Year; Brent Rockers, Syngenta; and Jeff Berg, ASFMRA president. Syngenta in North America announced Brent Bidner, accredited farm manager and vice president of Hertz Farm Management, Inc., has been named 2012 Professional Farm Manager of the Year. The annual award is co-sponsored by Syngenta, AgProfessional magazine and the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA).
Currently in his 24th year of providing professional farm management services for Hertz Farm Management, the Monticello, Ill. resident manages more than 18,000 acres across Illinois, Iowa, Indiana and Colorado.
Bidner’s approach to managing clients’ land includes taking care of the land the same way he would if he owned it himself. “I look at it as a long-term, not just a short-term, investment,” said Bidner. “My goal is to leave it for the next generation in better shape than it was when I took over management of the property.”
His careful management and innovative approach has paid off for long-term client, Kenway Farm. “Through a number of improvements, Brent has increased our corn production nearly 12 percent and soybean production by 10 percent when you compare pre-management averages to recent averages,” said Paul Gorden, president of Kenway Farm in Blue Mound, Ill.
To honor Bidner for his achievement, Syngenta made a $1,000 donation in his name to the 4-H Memorial Camp in Monticello, Ill.
“Professional farm managers play a crucial role in agriculture today,” said Brent Rockers, district manager for Syngenta. “At Syngenta, our goal is always to help farmers increase yield and return on investment by growing more with less. Dedicated farm managers like Brent are a key partner working with us to accomplish the exact same thing for their clients.”
Bidner expressed his gratitude to Syngenta and award co-sponsors, “I would like to thank Syngenta, AgProfessional Magazine and the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers for honoring me with this award.”
To watch the Professional Farm Manager of the Year video honoring Brent Bidner, visit www.youtube.com/syngentaagus.
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- Rentech Nitrogen Partners to supply TKI with ammonia
- CF Industries’ Woodward N complex shut down for repairs
- EPA reorganizes OPP’s registration division
- USDA to provide $4 million for honey bee habitat
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement