Brent Bidner named 2012 Professional Farm Manager of the Year
click image to zoomRich Keller, Editor, AgProfessionalFrom left to right: Craig Abell, Syngenta; Rick Patton, AgProfessional publisher; Brent Bidner, Hertz Farm Management, 2012 Professional Farm Manager of the Year; Brent Rockers, Syngenta; and Jeff Berg, ASFMRA president. Syngenta in North America announced Brent Bidner, accredited farm manager and vice president of Hertz Farm Management, Inc., has been named 2012 Professional Farm Manager of the Year. The annual award is co-sponsored by Syngenta, AgProfessional magazine and the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers (ASFMRA).
Currently in his 24th year of providing professional farm management services for Hertz Farm Management, the Monticello, Ill. resident manages more than 18,000 acres across Illinois, Iowa, Indiana and Colorado.
Bidner’s approach to managing clients’ land includes taking care of the land the same way he would if he owned it himself. “I look at it as a long-term, not just a short-term, investment,” said Bidner. “My goal is to leave it for the next generation in better shape than it was when I took over management of the property.”
His careful management and innovative approach has paid off for long-term client, Kenway Farm. “Through a number of improvements, Brent has increased our corn production nearly 12 percent and soybean production by 10 percent when you compare pre-management averages to recent averages,” said Paul Gorden, president of Kenway Farm in Blue Mound, Ill.
To honor Bidner for his achievement, Syngenta made a $1,000 donation in his name to the 4-H Memorial Camp in Monticello, Ill.
“Professional farm managers play a crucial role in agriculture today,” said Brent Rockers, district manager for Syngenta. “At Syngenta, our goal is always to help farmers increase yield and return on investment by growing more with less. Dedicated farm managers like Brent are a key partner working with us to accomplish the exact same thing for their clients.”
Bidner expressed his gratitude to Syngenta and award co-sponsors, “I would like to thank Syngenta, AgProfessional Magazine and the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers for honoring me with this award.”
To watch the Professional Farm Manager of the Year video honoring Brent Bidner, visit www.youtube.com/syngentaagus.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday morning
- Draft EIS comment period closes with Enlist support
- Launch of Open Ag Data Alliance supports farmer/data privacy
- MANA introduces Captan Gold
- Report: Australia could play larger role in Asian food security
- Anniversary at Bayer CropScience SeedGrowth conference
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- CLA responds to EPA’s proposed worker protection standard
Ports and River Receiving Systems