Biochar symposium scheduled for October
The 2013 USBI North American Biochar Symposium will be held at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, from Sun., Oct. 13—Wed., Oct. 16, 2013, with an additional Tech Field Day taking place at the New England Small Farm Institute Thurs., Oct. 17th.
For all the details about why someone should attend, what attendees will experience and who will be there, can be found at the symposium website: http://symposium2013.pvbiochar.org
Anyone curious about carbon negativity, ecosystem restoration, manure management or many other possible benefits of biochar and are curious to learn from and network with international experts is welcome. Registration is live and the early bird discount has been extended until August 31st!
Connecting to the biochar community can be done through the following social media outlets:
USBI Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/USBiochar
PVBI Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PioneerValleyBiocharInitiative/
Conference Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/160769540777529/?ref=3
Conference Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmericanBiochar
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting