Biochar symposium scheduled for October
The 2013 USBI North American Biochar Symposium will be held at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, from Sun., Oct. 13—Wed., Oct. 16, 2013, with an additional Tech Field Day taking place at the New England Small Farm Institute Thurs., Oct. 17th.
For all the details about why someone should attend, what attendees will experience and who will be there, can be found at the symposium website: http://symposium2013.pvbiochar.org
Anyone curious about carbon negativity, ecosystem restoration, manure management or many other possible benefits of biochar and are curious to learn from and network with international experts is welcome. Registration is live and the early bird discount has been extended until August 31st!
Connecting to the biochar community can be done through the following social media outlets:
USBI Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/USBiochar
PVBI Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PioneerValleyBiocharInitiative/
Conference Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/160769540777529/?ref=3
Conference Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmericanBiochar
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?