Biochar symposium scheduled for Oct. 13-16
Attendees won’t just be talking about biochar, they’ll be chewing on information at a “carbon negative” banquet on Monday, Oct. 14, from 5-9 p.m. at UMass, which is also open to the public. “Our ‘Biochar Banquet’ will feature delicious local produce grown in biochar-conditioned soil, as well as a variety of local meat and ‘adult beverages’ enhanced by biochar,” Wysocki explained.
The public is also invited to a free Video Lounge featuring Ted Talks, feature films, and select YouTube videos on Oct. 14 and 15, from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., and on Oct.r 16, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Crop markets generally strong at midday Monday
- ASA, EPA to hold Q&A webinar on proposed water rule
- AFBF launches first annual rural entrepreneurship challenge
- U.S. Grains Council calls on China to approve trait in DDGs
- Renegotiating cash rents down for 2015
- Tremendous response to Iowa’s new nutrient reduction program