Belaruskali closes two of its four potash mines
Belarusian state potash producer Belaruskali has suspended two of its four potash mine complexes for maintenance, Deputy Chief Executive Anatoly Makhlai told Reuters on Friday.
News of the shutdowns, which would typically last for two weeks, follows the arrest by Belarus of the head of Russian potash giant Uralkali in a dispute over the collapse of its sales alliance with Belaruskali.
Makhlai declined to say what impact the maintenance closures would have on Belaruskali's production.
- Precision Planting launches multi-hybrid planting system
- TIA Farm Tire Service training class offered
- Coolest fall temperatures to remain focused in Central U.S.
- Most ag markets held up surprisingly well Tuesday
- Livestock futures outperformed the crop markets Tuesday morning
- Iowa cover crops: Expected Hessian fly free dates
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease