Beck's Hybrids expands collaboration with GeoVantage
Beck's Hybrids announced it is expanding its 2014 collaboration with GeoVantage, a remote sensing services company. The expanded collaboration will include increased operational capabilities and increased technology offerings in Beck's geographical areas.
"Early on, Beck's Hybrids recognized the unique advantages that GeoVantage aerial imagery technology can provide to the agricultural market," said Wade Wiley, farm business lead at Beck's Hybrids. "By building the right tools, it is our goal to help farmers increase yield potential on their operations through the use of aerial imagery. And because we're working together, it gives us the opportunity to focus more on the farmer."
In 2013, Beck's Hybrids became the first third-party company to offer technology for the farmer to order and receive delivery of aerial imaging from their precision agriculture web application. GeoVantage currently supplies data at 50cm resolution for Beck's imagery-based field management program designed to help farmers to more efficiently manage their crops in a site-specific manner that can lead to increased yields and profitability. As an example, Beck's Hybrids processes 21 different views of the image in real-time which allows field variability to be seen at different levels.
"Since 2010, Beck's Hybrids has utilized GeoVantage to supply custom imagery for farmers in their marketing area," said Matthew Herring, senior vice president of GeoVantage, Inc. "Our unique and proven delivery system allows Beck's Hybrids to rely on GeoVantage as a consistent long-term provider. We are deeply committed to bringing Beck's and their customers the highest quality aerial imagery."
GeoVantage delivers orthorectified digital aerial imagery through a proprietary camera and processing software system that is automated for high efficiency and quality. Their network of more than 30 airplanes and camera systems differentiates GeoVantage as the premier agricultural imagery provider in the United States.
"By utilizing multiple, simultaneous operations and a seamless web integration with the tools Beck's provides, GeoVantage is able to service Beck's aerial imagery needs over a large multi-state market area," said Nick Morrow, director of operations at GeoVantage.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Junge Control Inc.