Bayer to share insights on unlocking new canola opportunities
With new canola seed hybrids and traits available for the 2014 season, farmers in North Dakota, Montana and Minnesota have more reasons to consider growing the crop. While attending the KMOT Ag Expo in Minot, N.D., farmers can learn about several new hybrids and how they can fit into their operations’ agronomic and profitability strategies at an Unlocking New Canola Opportunities session, hosted by Bayer CropScience.
Each 30-minute session will provide the same information and be held in the meeting room to the north of Titan Machinery Hall and west of United Agronomy Hall. The schedule is:
- 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 29;
- 3 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30; and
- 10 a.m. on Friday, Jan 31.
For 2014, Bayer CropScience has three new InVigor® canola hybrids. These new hybrids provide canola farmers across the northern tier of the United States more options to overcome growing and harvesting challenges, fight disease pressure, and improve profitability:
- New L140P is the industry’s first hybrid with pod shatter tolerance,
- New L160S is the first InVigor hybrid with sclerotinia tolerance, and
- New L252 is the first InVigor hybrid with high classic canola oil content.
At the Unlocking New Canola Opportunities sessions, farmers will get their first in-depth introduction to the pod shatter tolerance trait. The sessions will also cover topics such as which hybrids perform optimally for each growing region, how farmers can utilize each hybrid for different profitability strategies and how to fit each hybrid into an operation’s overall cropping system.
“We are committed to the long-term success of canola farmers,” says Brian Hrudka, canola seed manager for Bayer CropScience. “With the addition of the new hybrids to our InVigor portfolio, farmers have now more opportunities like straight cutting, spacing out spraying and harvesting windows, and having the ability to reduce the risk of volunteer canola plants affecting following crop rotations. The KMOT Ag Expo sessions are intended to help farmers determine where these new opportunities make sense for their operations.”
Farmers who attend an Unlocking New Canola Opportunities session will be entered to win a Craftsman tool set, and any farmer who stops by the Bayer CropScience booth (#26-29 in the Titan Machinery Hall) can enter the Grow More Giveaway to win eight bags of InVigor L140P seed.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.