Bayer launches annual Young Farmer Sustainability Award Program
Bayer CropScience has launched its fourth annual Young Farmer Sustainability Award, which recognizes a grower 40 years or under that demonstrates sustainability on his or her farm. The 2014 award will be selected by a group of industry experts and Bayer leaders, and will be awarded in February at the 2014 Ag Issues Forum held in conjunction with Commodity Classic in San Antonio, Texas.
Applications can be turned in now through Jan. 17, 2014.
In addition to the trip, he or she will win a new iPad and an all-expense paid trip to a Farm Journal learning event during 2014.
The 2011, 2012 and 2013 winners were Ryan Kirby of Belcher, La., John Shepard of Blackstone, Va., and Jeremy Jack of Belzoni, Miss., respectively.
Learn more: http://bit.ly/RaPVzh.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems