Bayer CropScience to acquire Biagro Group
In Argentina, Biagro is a well-respected company in the production and marketing of highly effective inoculants and biological seed treatment. "Together with our new colleagues we can continue developing and marketing tailored solutions for the growing seed-treatment industry," said Martin Gruss, Head of SeedGrowth Products. "With innovative offerings including chemical crop protection products, biological plant-growth promoters and inoculants, soybean growers can get their seed treated well before planting," Hernán Bagliero, Head of the Region Conosur for Bayer CropScience, added.
This transaction will also help Bayer CropScience build up its successful soybean seed business in Latin America. The company is striving to become an important business partner for soybean growers.
The acquisition will be filed for clearance by the antitrust authority in Argentina.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals