Bayer CropScience expands SeedGrowth Centers
Bayer CropScience is committed to developing solutions to help growers combat their biggest nemeses through research and development, and Bayer SeedGrowth is a major component in this research. Growers attending the Farm Progress Show in Boone, Iowa will experience how Bayer SeedGrowth provides seed treatment solutions in four areas – products, equipment, coatings and services – and learn about the company’s investment in stewardship programs.
“With Bayer SeedGrowth, Bayer CropScience is the first company to offer a complete solution for every area of seed treatment, helping growers produce the highest quality and highest yielding crops possible,” stated Brad May, SeedGrowth strategic business lead of Bayer CropScience. “We have Bayer SeedGrowth Centers worldwide to help growers determine the best solutions for their crops. This year we added a location in Can Tho, Vietnam, making 11 Bayer SeedGrowth Centers globally. The new state-of-the-art facility in Vietnam is the first Bayer SeedGrowthCenter that is mainly focused on improving rice seed treatment technology.”
There is another expansion for Bayer SeedGrowth underway in the United States with the development of a larger facility in Shakopee, Minn. – where the On Demand system and other commercial seed treaters are produced. The new 135,000-square-foot facility will provide more space for research and development on the equipment side of Bayer SeedGrowth. Over the past two years, the Shakopee facility has added 10 engineers and service team members. It also has two 3-D printers for engineers to create equipment models more quickly and efficiently, helping speed up the R&D process.
“With the expansion of the Shakopee facility, Bayer SeedGrowth will further enhance its ability to provide growers with seed treatment equipment that best fits their crops and business needs,” stated Kerry Grossweiler, SeedGrowth equipment and coatings product manager of Bayer CropScience. “In recent years, Bayer SeedGrowth has worked diligently to provide growers the most advanced equipment, products, coatings and services in the industry.”
The four areas of Bayer SeedGrowth include:
- Equipment, such as the On Demand system, which brings commercial seed treatment downstream;
- Coatings and advancements, including Bayer Fluency Agent which provides a unique replacement for talc and graphite in planters to reduce dust;
- Products, like Poncho/VOTiVO, the first seed treatment to combine an insecticide with a biological mode of action to protect against nematodes in corn and soybeans, and the first product to prevent SDS in soybeans, ILeVO seed treatment, which is pending approval with the U.S. EPA; and
- Services, such as customized training, demonstrations, testing and technical support.
The 11 Bayer SeedGrowth Centers are located in Research Triangle Park, N.C., USA; Guadalajara, Mexico; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Paulina, Brazil; Wickham Market, United Kingdom; Mereville, France; Monheim, Germany; Hu Jia Lou, China; Pinkeba Old, Australia; Wigram, Christchurch, New Zealand; and Can Tho, Vietnam.
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- Tool helps track insects blowing in the wind
- FAO calls for “paradigm shift” toward sustainable agriculture
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- Corn harvest pace picks up, but…
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto