Bayer CropScience buys land next to headquarters
Bayer CropScience LP has purchased nearly 70 acres of land located directly north of its current Research Triangle Park property at the intersection of T.W. Alexander Drive and North Carolina Highway 147 from the Research Triangle Foundation. This additional section of land provides the leading crop protection company the ability to expand its North American headquarters in the future.
"Bayer CropScience is committed to Research Triangle Park as its North American headquarters," said Jim Blome, president and CEO of Bayer CropScience LP. "With this newly acquired property, we now have flexibility to expand our business and continue to develop innovative agricultural technologies to feed a hungry planet."
In July, Bayer CropScience completed construction on a $20 million, 60,000 square-foot greenhouse, which is used for soy, corn and other broadacre crop research. In addition, the company recently announced plans to break ground in February on its North American Bee Care Center, a more than 6,600 square feet building in Research Triangle Park, which will serve as a gathering place for researchers, bee experts, students and other visitors to meet regularly with leading Bayer scientists.
The Research Triangle Foundation continues to see Bayer CropScience as an integral player in the growth and reputation of Research Triangle Park.
"Over the years, Bayer CropScience has played an important role in the Research Triangle Park's research and development community," said Bob Geolas, CEO of The Research Triangle Park. "The Foundation is happy to support Bayer as it continues to grow its presence and invest in the Park and what it stands for-innovation and economic growth. Biotech remains a focus for many of our companies here in RTP - and leaders like Bayer uphold our reputation as a R&D destination."
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.