BASF presents new, closed transfer system at Agritechnica
At this year’s Agritechnica, BASF’s unit Crop Protection will present ezi-connect, its new transfer system for crop protection products. With the novel technology, products can be moved from the container directly into the sprayer tank in a closed system, providing the operator and the environment an easier and safer way to handle the operation. Agritechnica, the International Exhibition for Agricultural Machinery and Equipment, takes place in Hannover on Nov. 12-16, 2013.
“With this product, we are meeting farmers' expectations and needs for a modern transfer system. Extensive farmer research has showed us that above all growers want an easy handling of crop protection, which means no spillage, no contact with the products as well as accurate dosing,” said Robert Huber, responsible for the European Packaging Development unit in BASF Crop Protection. "We have listened to what farmers have told us and turned these findings into solutions."
The secret of ezi-connect is the coupler being directly connected to the screw cap, ensuring a closed system throughout the operation. The system also complies with the IS 63 Industry Standard and fits to all standard containers.
BASF plans to launch ezi-connect starting in Europe in the 2015-2016 season. “With the introduction, BASF will convert the screw caps of its 1-litre, 5-litre and 10-litre containers into the new system. Although it is the grower’s decision to use this system in their operations, we are confident that the benefits of ezi-connect will be recognized and adopted. It is one more option to ensure a sustainable farm management,” explained Dr. Juan Sasturain, Senior Manager, Global Sustainability and Product Responsibility, BASF Crop Protection.
BASF’s portfolio ranges from crop protection products to solutions for resource and stress management as well as services for risk management and farm operations. BASF will present its range of services at the Agritechnica. At the fair, interested visitors will be able to see the practical application of the ezi-connect transfer system.
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Be wary of wheat quality after wet weather
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'