BASF launches Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide
BASF announced the launch of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide, an effective drench fungicide for soil-borne diseases with added plant health benefits. The product is the second fungicide brought to the professional ornamentals market labeled for disease control and plant health.
Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide , with active ingredient pyraclostrobin, provides protection against four root and crown disease pathogens – fusarium, phytophthora, pythium, and rhizoctonia. Additionally, research shows Intrinsic brand fungicides control disease and give plants resilience to stresses that can occur during production.
“The consistent performance of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide gives nursery and greenhouse growers outstanding control of soil-borne diseases,” said Kathie Kalmowitz, Market Development Specialist, BASF. “When used during transplant, and at propagation for rooted plugs and seedlings or rooted cuttings, the plant health benefits of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide include increased growth efficiency through stronger and enhanced root growth, as well as improved stress tolerance.”
Labeled use sites for Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide include greenhouses, lathhouses and shadehouses, interiorscapes, outdoor nurseries (field and container), and retail nurseries.
- Farmland price outlook in 2014 and beyond
- Climate change to cut South Asia's growth 9% by 2100
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- As risk of drought rises, Australian farmers struggle to invest
- Soybean aphids make an unusual appearance
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Fall burndown benefits go beyond weed control