BASF launches Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide
BASF announced the launch of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide, an effective drench fungicide for soil-borne diseases with added plant health benefits. The product is the second fungicide brought to the professional ornamentals market labeled for disease control and plant health.
Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide , with active ingredient pyraclostrobin, provides protection against four root and crown disease pathogens – fusarium, phytophthora, pythium, and rhizoctonia. Additionally, research shows Intrinsic brand fungicides control disease and give plants resilience to stresses that can occur during production.
“The consistent performance of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide gives nursery and greenhouse growers outstanding control of soil-borne diseases,” said Kathie Kalmowitz, Market Development Specialist, BASF. “When used during transplant, and at propagation for rooted plugs and seedlings or rooted cuttings, the plant health benefits of Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide include increased growth efficiency through stronger and enhanced root growth, as well as improved stress tolerance.”
Labeled use sites for Empress Intrinsic brand fungicide include greenhouses, lathhouses and shadehouses, interiorscapes, outdoor nurseries (field and container), and retail nurseries.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?