Awards presented at Ag Connect Expo and Summit 2013
New Gold and Silver AE50 outstanding innovation awards were presented January 29 at the opening ceremonies of Ag Connect Expo & Summit 2013 in Kansas City, Mo.
The Gold and Silver awards are a new level of recognition for winners of the AE50 awards, presented annually by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) to acknowledge vital contributions to the industry. Starting this year, ASABE is partnering with Ag Connect to honor the “best of the best” from among the products selected from the previous two years of AE50 award winners.
The special awards will be presented biennially in conjunction with Ag Connect and will be highlighted in a special display at the event. Prominent signage on the show floor will direct attendees to the booths of award winners.
Judges for the Gold and Silver awards include seven agricultural equipment editors and two ASABE member engineers. To qualify for a Gold or Silver award, companies must be exhibiting at Ag Connect Expo & Summit 2013.
Winners of the 2013 Gold and Silver AE50 outstanding innovation awards are:
- AGCO Corporation – WR Series Self Propelled Windrower
- DuPont Crop Protection – DuPont PrecisionPac Herbicide Dispensing System
- John Deere – Machine Sync
- Spectrum Technologies Inc. - FieldScout GreenIndex+
- Case IH Agriculture – Robo-Sharpener
- Great Plains Manufacturing Inc. – Centurion CDA600 Cultivator Drill
- HYPRO-Pentair Water – Express End Cap
- HYPRO-Pentair Water – Scorpio Spray Valve
- John Deere – 7R Series Tractor
- TeeJet Technologies – Sentry 6140 Tip Flow Monitor
To view photos and complete descriptions of Gold and Silver awards products, go to www.agconnect.com/about/ and click on Gold and Silver Awards.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?