Awards presented at Ag Connect Expo and Summit 2013
New Gold and Silver AE50 outstanding innovation awards were presented January 29 at the opening ceremonies of Ag Connect Expo & Summit 2013 in Kansas City, Mo.
The Gold and Silver awards are a new level of recognition for winners of the AE50 awards, presented annually by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) to acknowledge vital contributions to the industry. Starting this year, ASABE is partnering with Ag Connect to honor the “best of the best” from among the products selected from the previous two years of AE50 award winners.
The special awards will be presented biennially in conjunction with Ag Connect and will be highlighted in a special display at the event. Prominent signage on the show floor will direct attendees to the booths of award winners.
Judges for the Gold and Silver awards include seven agricultural equipment editors and two ASABE member engineers. To qualify for a Gold or Silver award, companies must be exhibiting at Ag Connect Expo & Summit 2013.
Winners of the 2013 Gold and Silver AE50 outstanding innovation awards are:
- AGCO Corporation – WR Series Self Propelled Windrower
- DuPont Crop Protection – DuPont PrecisionPac Herbicide Dispensing System
- John Deere – Machine Sync
- Spectrum Technologies Inc. - FieldScout GreenIndex+
- Case IH Agriculture – Robo-Sharpener
- Great Plains Manufacturing Inc. – Centurion CDA600 Cultivator Drill
- HYPRO-Pentair Water – Express End Cap
- HYPRO-Pentair Water – Scorpio Spray Valve
- John Deere – 7R Series Tractor
- TeeJet Technologies – Sentry 6140 Tip Flow Monitor
To view photos and complete descriptions of Gold and Silver awards products, go to www.agconnect.com/about/ and click on Gold and Silver Awards.
- US soy exports to China could drop with crush-margins at 2-yr low
- Corn to see record production for 2014-15
- Maximizing buyer power in volatile markets
- Insight into drought tolerance of TAM wheat varieties
- Ag markets turned mostly lower Tuesday morning
- GMO safety, weed control top concerns as U.S. study kicks off
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- Ag markets turned generally mixed Monday morning