Award for research excellence in work on soybean rust
The group is also being recognized for innovative research on disease-resistant soybean varieties, which will provide more environmentally and economically sustainable long-term disease management. The project has produced numerous multimedia materials that have been important for educating soybean growers, regulators, and other industry members in the U.S. and abroad about soybean rust and have diminished their apprehension about the disease.
Support for this project comes from the Multistate Research Fund established in 1998 by the Agricultural Research, Extension, and Education Reform Act (an amendment to the Hatch Act of 1888) to encourage and enhance multistate, multidisciplinary research on critical issues that have a national or regional priority.
This year’s Award of Excellence in Multistate Research honors the outstanding collaboration and commitment of the participating scientists representing more than 30 different land-grant universities, federal agencies, and industry associations.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement