Argentina wheat output seen below USDA expectation
Argentina's wheat output this season is likely to reach only 9.5 to 10 million tonnes, well below the U.S. Department of Agriculture's estimate for 12 million tonnes, said Alex Bos, merchant analyst for Louis Dreyfus Corp, speaking in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
A shortage of rain in the northern part of Argentina's farm belt has held back wheat growth.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture