Argentina approves GM soybeans from Monsanto
Argentina announced this week it would approve Monsanto’s Roundup Ready 2 soybean seeds, which are genetically modified. The country said the approval would help boost agricultural production. The approval comes after Argentinian farmers fought Monsanto legally over paying royalties for the original Roundup Ready soybean seeds. In recent months, the tensions between the country and Monsanto have eased as the company approves of Argentina’s support of biotechnology.
This South American country is the world’s third largest soybean exporter, top supplier of soyoil and soymeal and exports the most biodiesel globally.
Argentina’s Agriculture Secretary said he signed the approval Monday, but that it would take a week before it became official since it has to be published in the government’s official gazette.
Brazil already has approved and is planting Roundup Ready 2 soybeans from Monsanto. So, it’s no surprise Argentina has approved its use as well since both countries are top soybean producers.
Argentina also approved a new variety of GM corn developed by Dow AgroSciences and Monsanto two weeks ago.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Layco Declining Weight Blend System