Arcadia Biosciences, DuPont Pioneer to collaborate
Arcadia Biosciences, Inc. and DuPont Pioneer announced a formal collaboration to develop a high-value, specialty nutritional oil for global consumer markets.
Under the agreement, Arcadia, an agricultural company focused on developing technologies and products that benefit the environment and human health, will receive certain licenses to specific DuPont Pioneer innovations and intellectual property. The underlying focus of the collaboration will be to develop new safflower varieties that produce high levels of arachidonic acid-containing oil in a concentrated, reliable and cost-effective way. The collaboration builds upon new trait innovation from DuPont Pioneer as well as both organizations’ crop development and regulatory expertise. The collaboration also is squarely in line with their common missions to develop products that enhance human health.
“DuPont has a strong history of collaboration and innovation for new, high-value agricultural technologies,” said Jon Lightner, DuPont Pioneer vice president of Agricultural Biotechnology. “We are conducting research and development at multiple points along the food value chain, looking for opportunities to provide safer, healthier and more nutritious food for a growing global population, whether it’s upstream through DuPont Pioneer or downstream through DuPont Nutrition & Health. This relationship reinforces our leadership in biotech output traits and nutritional oils. It builds on the success of Plenish high oleic soybean oil, which has 20 percent less saturated fat than commodity soy oil,” Lightner said.
“DuPont has an impressive portfolio of proprietary quality traits,” said Eric Rey, president and CEO of Arcadia. “This new collaboration is an effective way to enable these innovations to get into the hands of consumers. Arcadia’s experience in the development, regulatory management, production and marketing of high-value specialty nutritional oils — as demonstrated through our launch of SONOVA 400 GLA safflower oil and coupled with DuPont Pioneer’s established track record — creates a powerful alliance.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems