Answer Plot Program by WinField shows demos, research
The 2014 Answer Plot Program by WinField is underway and will continue to build upon the program’s wide array of educational programming and trials. Each of the nearly 200 Answer Plot site locations feature new elements to reflect agronomic advances, including yield optimization comparisons, increased alfalfa demonstrations and QR code enhancements.
The Answer Plot Program lets farmers see firsthand how products perform in local fields, allowing them to make management decisions for their own operations with confidence. Through this program, farmers have year-long access to national yield data as well as local, side-by-side product comparisons.
“The Answer Plot program was created to help farmers sort through all of the options and confidently choose the best solutions for their fields. In its 16th year of operation, thousands of trials and millions of data points provide farmers with trusted data,” said Kevin Eye, vice president of agronomy and product development at WinField. “We strive to help simplify the complex decisions that farmers make each season.”
The plots also provide insight that WinField customer organizaations can pass along to farmers.
New This Season
The 2014 program additions will continue to enrich one of the industry’s most extensive data sets, helping farmers get the most out of every acre:
- Yield optimization demos – Test plots managed with WinField tools and products are compared to plots grown with typical management programs and inputs for a local area. The R7 Tool, Answer Plot data, NutriSolutions 360° program and MAX-IN plant nutrients are used to drive smart crop decisions throughout the season to help optimize yield potential.
- More alfalfa demos – Demonstrations will increase this season, spreading into more key hay-producing areas of the country with a specific focus on Roundup Ready alfalfa products, and enhanced management with micronutrients and other production aids.
- QR codes – Quick response codes will be featured on demonstration and product signs, allowing Answer Plot Program attendees to access additional information on specific hybrids and varieties using their smartphones during plot visits.
- Research trial enhancements – Many new and enhanced trials will add thousands of data points and insights to the Answer Plot data set. New trials include: NutriSolutions 360° program, plant growth regulators (PGRs), late-season nitrogen in soybeans, insecticide use on traited products and response to fungicide.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning