Animal antibiotics, biotech seed highlight The Food Dialogues
Your Toughest Questions Answered on Biotechnology (GMOs) in Your Food panel will include experts who are well-versed in the use of biotech seeds, including the benefits and concerns related to long-term health and food labeling including:
- Pamm Larry, the leader of California's Prop 37, "GMO labeling" initiative
- Dr. Bob Goldberg, plant molecular biologist currently using genomics to identify all of the genes required to "make a seed", UCLA
- Jerry Slocum, Mississippi soybean farmer
- Dr. Julie Howard, Chief Scientist, Food Security, USAID
In addition to the panel discussions, USFRA has plans to announce farmers and ranchers who are semi-finalists for its Faces of Farming and Ranching program.
To attend an event in-person, go to http://fooddialogues.com/ny-food-dialogues/rsvp or call 888-25-USFRA (888-258-7372) for additional details. For information about USFRA and to see footage from past Food Dialogues events, visit http://www.fooddialogues.com/. To join the conversation online, visit www.facebook.com/USFarmersandRanchers and follow USFRA on Twitter @USFRA using #FoodD.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting