Animal antibiotics, biotech seed highlight The Food Dialogues
Your Toughest Questions Answered on Biotechnology (GMOs) in Your Food panel will include experts who are well-versed in the use of biotech seeds, including the benefits and concerns related to long-term health and food labeling including:
- Pamm Larry, the leader of California's Prop 37, "GMO labeling" initiative
- Dr. Bob Goldberg, plant molecular biologist currently using genomics to identify all of the genes required to "make a seed", UCLA
- Jerry Slocum, Mississippi soybean farmer
- Dr. Julie Howard, Chief Scientist, Food Security, USAID
In addition to the panel discussions, USFRA has plans to announce farmers and ranchers who are semi-finalists for its Faces of Farming and Ranching program.
To attend an event in-person, go to http://fooddialogues.com/ny-food-dialogues/rsvp or call 888-25-USFRA (888-258-7372) for additional details. For information about USFRA and to see footage from past Food Dialogues events, visit http://www.fooddialogues.com/. To join the conversation online, visit www.facebook.com/USFarmersandRanchers and follow USFRA on Twitter @USFRA using #FoodD.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture