Agrium to acquire Viterra retail assets
Agrium Inc. has entered into a consent agreement with the Canadian Competition Bureau and thereby cleared the Canadian competition review process in order to proceed with the acquisition of Viterra Inc.’s Canadian retail assets. Agrium will acquire approximately 210 retail stores across Western Canada, in addition to 13 Viterra retail locations in Australia which were acquired in June.
“We are very pleased to have completed this important step in this highly attractive acquisition. We look forward to finalizing the completion of the sale with Glencore (and Viterra) over the coming weeks,” commented Mike Wilson, President and CEO of Agrium. “We are confident that by combining Viterra’s deep knowledge of western Canadian agriculture with Agrium’s experience as the largest agricultural input retailer in the world, we will be able to provide an expanded and highly competitive offering of products, services and technologies, while maintaining strong local relationships.”
Financial details, including acquisition price, will be provided upon close of the acquisition, which Agrium expects in the near future.
- Woman arrested in seed theft case released on bond
- Mosaic to halt muriate of potash output in New Mexico
- Dow Chemical adds more assets to "for sale" list
- U.S. farmers resort to giant storage bags to avoid cheap sales
- Fafinski Mark & Johnson launches UAS practice group
- Most ag markets are higher, but hog futures are tumbling Thursday