Agrium to acquire Viterra retail assets
Agrium Inc. has entered into a consent agreement with the Canadian Competition Bureau and thereby cleared the Canadian competition review process in order to proceed with the acquisition of Viterra Inc.’s Canadian retail assets. Agrium will acquire approximately 210 retail stores across Western Canada, in addition to 13 Viterra retail locations in Australia which were acquired in June.
“We are very pleased to have completed this important step in this highly attractive acquisition. We look forward to finalizing the completion of the sale with Glencore (and Viterra) over the coming weeks,” commented Mike Wilson, President and CEO of Agrium. “We are confident that by combining Viterra’s deep knowledge of western Canadian agriculture with Agrium’s experience as the largest agricultural input retailer in the world, we will be able to provide an expanded and highly competitive offering of products, services and technologies, while maintaining strong local relationships.”
Financial details, including acquisition price, will be provided upon close of the acquisition, which Agrium expects in the near future.
- Precision ag conference looks to the future
- New webcasts save time, money during soybean aphid season
- Nutra-Flo’s two new products fight corn rootworm resistance
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Iteris, Satshot partner to deliver precision ag weather/imagery
- Russia's Uralkali to up potash price for China by 10%