Agrium to acquire Viterra retail assets
Agrium Inc. has entered into a consent agreement with the Canadian Competition Bureau and thereby cleared the Canadian competition review process in order to proceed with the acquisition of Viterra Inc.’s Canadian retail assets. Agrium will acquire approximately 210 retail stores across Western Canada, in addition to 13 Viterra retail locations in Australia which were acquired in June.
“We are very pleased to have completed this important step in this highly attractive acquisition. We look forward to finalizing the completion of the sale with Glencore (and Viterra) over the coming weeks,” commented Mike Wilson, President and CEO of Agrium. “We are confident that by combining Viterra’s deep knowledge of western Canadian agriculture with Agrium’s experience as the largest agricultural input retailer in the world, we will be able to provide an expanded and highly competitive offering of products, services and technologies, while maintaining strong local relationships.”
Financial details, including acquisition price, will be provided upon close of the acquisition, which Agrium expects in the near future.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance