Agrium responds to Jana Partners’ press release
As previously announced, Agrium will hold its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on April 9, 2013, in Calgary, Alberta. Shareholders of common shares of Agrium Inc. as at the close of trading on Feb. 25, 2013, (the "Record Date") will be eligible to vote their shares at the Meeting.
Board Chair Victor J. Zaleschuk issued the following statement in response to JANA's latest press release:
"Jana has been running its campaign for over eight months now. We are holding our Annual General Meeting a month earlier than usual to bring this matter to a close. We remain confident that we have overwhelming shareholder support."
"Agrium's Board has given JANA's ideas due and thorough consideration and we have rejected them. Jana's analysis is flawed, and its ideas would destroy shareholder value."
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Blend and Bulk Tower Systems