Agrium responds to Jana Partners’ press release
As previously announced, Agrium will hold its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on April 9, 2013, in Calgary, Alberta. Shareholders of common shares of Agrium Inc. as at the close of trading on Feb. 25, 2013, (the "Record Date") will be eligible to vote their shares at the Meeting.
Board Chair Victor J. Zaleschuk issued the following statement in response to JANA's latest press release:
"Jana has been running its campaign for over eight months now. We are holding our Annual General Meeting a month earlier than usual to bring this matter to a close. We remain confident that we have overwhelming shareholder support."
"Agrium's Board has given JANA's ideas due and thorough consideration and we have rejected them. Jana's analysis is flawed, and its ideas would destroy shareholder value."
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?