Agrium responds to Jana Partners’ press release
As previously announced, Agrium will hold its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders on April 9, 2013, in Calgary, Alberta. Shareholders of common shares of Agrium Inc. as at the close of trading on Feb. 25, 2013, (the "Record Date") will be eligible to vote their shares at the Meeting.
Board Chair Victor J. Zaleschuk issued the following statement in response to JANA's latest press release:
"Jana has been running its campaign for over eight months now. We are holding our Annual General Meeting a month earlier than usual to bring this matter to a close. We remain confident that we have overwhelming shareholder support."
"Agrium's Board has given JANA's ideas due and thorough consideration and we have rejected them. Jana's analysis is flawed, and its ideas would destroy shareholder value."
- Sign-up begins for USDA disaster assistance programs
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Pacific Coast Terminals and K+S Potash Canada sign agreement
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants