Agrium completes farm retail purchase from Glencore
Canadian fertilizer company Agrium Inc said it has completed its purchase of Viterra Inc's Canadian farm retail stores.
Agrium, already the biggest U.S. retail seller of fertilizer, chemicals and seed, will get 210 stores across Western Canada from Glencore Xstrata PLC, which acquired Viterra in 2012.
Agrium said it expects the former Viterra stores to contribute C$75 million ($72.8 million) to C$90 million in annual earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) and sees synergies of C$15 million to C$20 million by the end of 2015.
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America