AgriCharts, the agricultural division of Barchart.com, Inc., which provides market data, agribusiness website hosting and technology solutions to the agricultural industry, announces a new relationship with Weather Decisions Technologies (WDT), a global leader in state-of-the-art weather services, to provide WDT’s iMap, a dynamic and interactive weather mapping solution, to clients of AgriCharts. The new interactive weather maps are available to clients using AgriCharts’ website hosting service and content solutions. The iMap solution utilizes the Google Maps API and provides users with the ability to launch the weather map into full screen mode, as well as view weather from a global level all the way down to a farm level, including local high resolution.
“We are excited to announce our relationship with WDT. Their iMap solution delivers our clients with a world-class interactive weather solution that can be instantly integrated into their website,” said Mark Haraburda, AgriCharts Managing Director. “With this new tool agribusinesses can provide their clients and website visitors with access to the best interactive weather service available direct from their website,” added Haraburda.
“Weather is a very high priority for farmers and producers as well as up-chain service providers and processors,” said Mike Gauthier, Sr. Vice President of Sales for WDT.
“With AgriCharts, we are bringing the most powerful, innovative, and accurate weather, radar and satellite data available in the United States, transforming AgriCharts’ client websites into reliable decision-making tools for hundreds of agribusiness and thousands of farmers,” said Gauthier.
AgriCharts’ iMap interactive weather features include:
- Zoom in and out, even to the farm level (from World to Street Level views)
- Integrated with Google Maps for Terrain, Satellite, and Road Map views
- ClickCast – click anywhere and receive current conditions and forecast
- Launch into Full Screen Mode with a single click
- Radar and satellite overlays (including Local High Resolution)
- Current conditions overlay
- Rainfall overlays
- Flood index overlay
- Winter weather overlays
- Severe weather overlays
- Global weather (current conditions and forecasts)
- Search with your mouse or by address, zip code or city
- Save your exact location by clicking anywhere on the map
- Add custom markers/pins
- Adjust transparency levels
- Custom default view (by location and type of overlays)
- Custom map sizes
For more information, please visit http://www.agricharts.com/webhosting/interactiveweather.php or call AgriCharts at 877-247-4394.