Agri-Trend Data Corp, John Deere announce agreement
Agri-Trend Data Corp and John Deere are creating connectivity conduits between MyJohnDeere and The Agri-Data Solution. Using John Deere's Wireless Data Transfer technology, the firms are linking data from field equipment into The Agri-Data Solution Platform to save growers time and let them analyze their data to make decisions more efficiently.
The two firms have signed agreements enabling the sharing of data between the two data systems which will create efficiencies for farmers.
"Our data team has been collaborating with John Deere for more than three years," explains Kevin Pattison, President of Agri-Trend Data Corp, "We now are able to provide a connection between MyJohnDeere and The Agri-Data Solution. This means information such as product application maps from planters or sprayers and yield data from the combine can move directly from the equipment to The Agri-Data Solution using John Deere's wireless data transmission technology."
"We are very pleased that The Agri-Data Solution successfully integrated our new MyJohnDeere interface into their application to enable our mutual customers to be more effective using their agronomic software of choice. John Deere is committed to increasing customer success by enabling data to be available when and where needed," said Kevin Very, Manager, Information Solutions.
The Agri-Data Solution is among the first to complete the integration with MyJohnDeere. A fundamental component of the FarmSightTM Strategy introduced in 2012, MyJohnDeere is an open platform that provides customers with a complete and comprehensive solution for their data management needs.
The Deere strategy of collaboration with products like The Agri-Data Solution will enable data to be available when and where needed, as determined by the customer, all while maintaining John Deere's core principles surrounding data management.
"We have been in the cloud since 2001," says Pattison, "and have been working towards this integration for a long time. With this kind of connectivity The AGRI-DATA® Solution can provide farmers a reliable platform capable of meeting their current and future data needs which includes full precision integration including variable rate seeding, fertilizer, crop protection, irrigation and harvest data tracking."
"This dovetails with the data we already track to help farmers grow the crop, sell the crop and manage the money creating a fully integrated system that is very exciting," says Pattison.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America