AgSense Field Commander now provides copper theft protection
The U.S. Department of Energy recently reported a rise in copper theft, which cost victims more than $1 billion in 2013. In response to this growing threat, AgSense has introduced improved theft monitoring on all its 2014 Field Commander products. This allows producers to monitor and control pivot systems while also providing theft protection all from one unit.
"Because pivots are typically in remote locations, they have become a big target for copper thieves," said Steve Sveum, AgSense Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "It can take thieves less than 20 minutes to gather thousands of feet of copper wire, which can cost the producer over $10,000. These producers work hard for their money and we're committed to protecting their investment."
The Field Commander has always included theft-monitoring capabilities as long as the pivot was powered. New models, however, provide protection when the unit is not powered, such as during power outages and the off-season.
"Enhanced theft monitoring is just the beginning," added Sveum. "Our Field Commander provides this protection while also monitoring and controlling the pivot for irrigation purposes. It lets producers get everything from one device and with only one subscription to save money."
Theft protection is available on all 2014 Field Commander units and is included with any subscription level.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement