AgJunction milestone of cloud supported acres
AgJunction announced that its Cloud Services Division now supports in excess of 30 million unique production acres with its suite of precision farming software applications.
AgJunction President & CEO Rick Heiniger spoke at the 2013 Info Ag Conference Vendor Showcase in Springfield IL, where he provided an update on the company's Cloud Services Division and shared the milestone news with leaders in the precision agriculture industry.
"We could not be more pleased with the progress of our Cloud Services Division since our acquisition of AgJunction in early 2012," said Heiniger. "Our company has been through a significant amount of change over the last year and the leadership provided by our State College, Penn.-based cloud services team has been extraordinary, delivering system enhancements and exceeding customer expectations."
Since announcing the acquisition of AgJunction by Hemisphere GPS in January 2012, the rebranded AgJunction Cloud Services division has benefited from accelerated adoption. Since January 2012, unique bounded production acres in the cloud-based system have increased at a 72 percent compound annual growth rate, reaching 31.5 million in North America as of July 1, 2013.
Heiniger reported a similar growth rate for the total number of retail locations utilizing the system, now approaching 1,800. "The market is recognizing value in an integrated data management solution,” added Heiniger. “AgJunction is unique, having established ourselves as a neutral and enabling partner with our customers; that is the foundation of our precision agriculture strategy."
Also during the showcase, Dave Nerpel, precision account manager with AgJunction introduced several new system features including a new iPad field mapping and soil sampling application, a multi-variable field data analytical tool, and satellite imagery integration developed in partnership with SatShot.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Ports and River Receiving Systems