AgJunction milestone of cloud supported acres
AgJunction announced that its Cloud Services Division now supports in excess of 30 million unique production acres with its suite of precision farming software applications.
AgJunction President & CEO Rick Heiniger spoke at the 2013 Info Ag Conference Vendor Showcase in Springfield IL, where he provided an update on the company's Cloud Services Division and shared the milestone news with leaders in the precision agriculture industry.
"We could not be more pleased with the progress of our Cloud Services Division since our acquisition of AgJunction in early 2012," said Heiniger. "Our company has been through a significant amount of change over the last year and the leadership provided by our State College, Penn.-based cloud services team has been extraordinary, delivering system enhancements and exceeding customer expectations."
Since announcing the acquisition of AgJunction by Hemisphere GPS in January 2012, the rebranded AgJunction Cloud Services division has benefited from accelerated adoption. Since January 2012, unique bounded production acres in the cloud-based system have increased at a 72 percent compound annual growth rate, reaching 31.5 million in North America as of July 1, 2013.
Heiniger reported a similar growth rate for the total number of retail locations utilizing the system, now approaching 1,800. "The market is recognizing value in an integrated data management solution,” added Heiniger. “AgJunction is unique, having established ourselves as a neutral and enabling partner with our customers; that is the foundation of our precision agriculture strategy."
Also during the showcase, Dave Nerpel, precision account manager with AgJunction introduced several new system features including a new iPad field mapping and soil sampling application, a multi-variable field data analytical tool, and satellite imagery integration developed in partnership with SatShot.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?