AgGateway tests precision ag conversion toolbox
The value of AgGateway’s standards-driven effort was echoed by Dennis Daggett, Senior Vice President for Strategic Initiatives at ProAg, and current Chair of AgGateway’s Precision Ag Council.
“A comprehensive standard for data exchange will be huge for agriculture,” he said. “There’s often a clear before-and-after when standards emerge in agriculture – think of ‘3-point-hitch’ or ‘quick hydraulic couplers’… Standardization in these areas made life a lot easier for everyone involved.”
AgGateway’s effort is comprehensive, and ranges from implementation of standards in multiple segments of the industry to laying a firm foundation through a comprehensive glossary of agricultural terms and definitions.
“A glossary clearly defines the data being collected and transmitted. The AgGateway glossary is being developed in conjunction with other standards organizations and regulatory groups. This takes a little more time, but develops accuracy and credibility for what we are doing,” added Daggett.
More information on AgGateway projects will be available at the AgGateway Mid-Year Meeting in Altoona, Iowa, June 9-12. For more information, go to www.AgGateway.org.
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Be wary of wheat quality after wet weather
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'