AgGateway tests precision ag conversion toolbox
The value of AgGateway’s standards-driven effort was echoed by Dennis Daggett, Senior Vice President for Strategic Initiatives at ProAg, and current Chair of AgGateway’s Precision Ag Council.
“A comprehensive standard for data exchange will be huge for agriculture,” he said. “There’s often a clear before-and-after when standards emerge in agriculture – think of ‘3-point-hitch’ or ‘quick hydraulic couplers’… Standardization in these areas made life a lot easier for everyone involved.”
AgGateway’s effort is comprehensive, and ranges from implementation of standards in multiple segments of the industry to laying a firm foundation through a comprehensive glossary of agricultural terms and definitions.
“A glossary clearly defines the data being collected and transmitted. The AgGateway glossary is being developed in conjunction with other standards organizations and regulatory groups. This takes a little more time, but develops accuracy and credibility for what we are doing,” added Daggett.
More information on AgGateway projects will be available at the AgGateway Mid-Year Meeting in Altoona, Iowa, June 9-12. For more information, go to www.AgGateway.org.
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Ukraine to lose 15% of grain crop in violence-hit regions
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America