AgGateway tests precision ag conversion toolbox
The value of AgGateway’s standards-driven effort was echoed by Dennis Daggett, Senior Vice President for Strategic Initiatives at ProAg, and current Chair of AgGateway’s Precision Ag Council.
“A comprehensive standard for data exchange will be huge for agriculture,” he said. “There’s often a clear before-and-after when standards emerge in agriculture – think of ‘3-point-hitch’ or ‘quick hydraulic couplers’… Standardization in these areas made life a lot easier for everyone involved.”
AgGateway’s effort is comprehensive, and ranges from implementation of standards in multiple segments of the industry to laying a firm foundation through a comprehensive glossary of agricultural terms and definitions.
“A glossary clearly defines the data being collected and transmitted. The AgGateway glossary is being developed in conjunction with other standards organizations and regulatory groups. This takes a little more time, but develops accuracy and credibility for what we are doing,” added Daggett.
More information on AgGateway projects will be available at the AgGateway Mid-Year Meeting in Altoona, Iowa, June 9-12. For more information, go to www.AgGateway.org.
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Davis Equipment is celebrating 50 years in business
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday