AgGateway launches redesigned website for AGIIS directory
AgGateway, a non-profit consortium of businesses that works to promote, enable and expand eBusiness in agriculture, announced the launch of a redesigned website for the Agriculture Industry Identification System (AGIIS) at http://www.agiis.org/. The new AGIIS website has improved design, navigation and functionality across a full suite of web browsers.
About 150 agricultural companies currently subscribe to the AGIIS directory, which serves as the fundamental building block for efficient electronic interactions between ag companies. AGIIS provides a repository for industry common data elements; today, AGIIS contains 4.8 million uniquely identified entities (Businesses, Consumers, and Locations) and over 60,000 agricultural product codes, including crop protection chemicals, seed and fertilizer products.
Companies use the standardized information in AGIIS to conduct business more efficiently with their trading partners. Entity information in AGIIS is maintained by the subscriber community, including agricultural retailers, distributors, product manufacturers and associated business providers serving the ag community.
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) developed and provides hosting and management services for AGIIS on behalf of AgGateway.
AgGateway offers a free Search/View-only subscription to AGIIS for all AgGateway members. For more information on AGIIS, visit http://www.agiis.org/. To learn more about AgGateway, visit http://www.aggateway.org/ or contact AgGateway member services at +1 (866) 251-8618 or member.services@AgGateway.org.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture