AgGateway concludes 230-member meeting
Jeremiah has worked on numerous councils and task forces for AgGateway and its predecessor organizations. He has provided leadership and technical contributions within various crop protection and seed connectivity projects, for the Standards and Guidelines Committee, and in improvements to the AGIIS directory. These contributions have helped the ag industry build a foundation to support the expansion of standardized electronic connectivity, it was explained in the award announcement.
The award is named for Ron Storms, a leader in the earliest efforts to implement eBusiness in agriculture. Storms had a distinguished career at CF Industries starting in 1966, responsible for the development and coordination of all electronic commerce activities for the company. Criteria for winning the award are based on characteristics that Storms exemplified, according to AgGateway: volunteerism, integrity, reliability, selflessness, character, courage and sincerity.
AgGateway has been holding a mid-year meeting, and the 2013 meeting will be June 17-20 at the John Deere Financial Facility in Johnston, Iowa. The annual meeting will be November 12-14, 2013, at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg, Fla. More information on these meetings will be posted on the AgGateway website early next year (www.AgGateway.org).
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Anti-GMO proposal denounced at Safeway shareholder meeting