AgData acquired by Vista Equity Partners
AgData, a leading provider of strategic data and analytical solutions to the world’s largest agricultural, crop protection and animal health manufacturers announced that it has completed a transaction to be acquired by Vista Equity Partners, a leading private equity firm with over $11.5 billion in cumulative capital commitments in software, data and technology-enabled services companies. AgData was previously a portfolio company of SFW Capital Partners.
Founded in 1985 with headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., AgData’s core product, Integrated Data Solutions (“IDS”), allows the world’s leading input manufacturers and trait providers to analyze complex sales data, analyze sales trends, as well as to develop and maintain marketing and seed rebate programs. The company also offers AgCelerate Industry Standard Platforms, a suite of SaaS-based solutions that allow growers to self-verify their industry profile and also allows retailers to review, report, and manage transactions and licenses for growers. The company connects with approximately 8,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada and receives, analyzes, and reconciles more than 35 million transactions annually. Its solutions served as the basis for nearly $3 billion in cash rebates paid in 2013 by agriculture and animal health input manufacturers to distributors, retailers, growers and veterinarians.
“Today’s announcement demonstrates our commitment to customers to further enhance our solutions across the agriculture value chain.” said Richard Bettison, CEO of AgData. “Our partnership with Vista provides AaData access to world class software and technology development expertise which will drive innovation and growth, enabling us to expand our industry leading data-driven analytics and transaction solutions.”
“We are excited to partner with Richard and the AgData team as they continue to develop and deliver innovative solutions to the rapidly evolving agriculture marketplace” said Patrick Severson, principal at Vista Equity Partners. “At a time when the industry increasingly looks to apply sophisticated analytics along the entire supply chain, AgData’s solutions, which have been built based on a history of deep customer relationships, provide insights that allow its customers to make better, faster and smarter decisions."
Lazard Middle Market acted as financial advisor to AgData. The financial terms have not been disclosed
- USDA chief says urged Buffett to ready BNSF for record crops
- NGFA, other ag groups commend introduction of Senate rail bill
- Registration for AgGateway’s annual conference now open
- Soybean research in Kansas highlighted at breeders’ tour
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- US dollar strength is weighing on crop markets Thursday morning
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre
- USDA invites public comments on climate report