Ag product and service to irrigation awards
The staff of the Palmdale Agricultural Site of the sanitation district manages a 12 million gallon-per-day capacity water treatment plant. Their work provides 100 percent treated effluent to irrigate, under center pivot, approximately 2,000 acres of agricultural crops. Management and staff has “shown the best in water management by navigating regulatory restrictions, crop rotations, nutrient loads and crop water demand to keep up with the county’s constant supply of recycled water,” the IA noted in announcing the award winner.
Honorable mention and People’s Choice Winner for the new product was Jain GeneSys from Jain Irrigation, Inc. A description of the product is unavailable. (What is extremely unusual is that no one will provide an explanation of what the product is or does. The Jain Irrigation, Inc. company website proudly announces that the product won the People’s Choice but has no link to show or describe the product. Several phone calls to the company by the IA and myself have resulted in not being connected to anyone who wants to talk or return calls.)
The IA works to improve industry proficiency, advocate sound water management and grow demand for water-efficient products and services. For more information, visit www.irrigation.org.
- Ag markets moved mostly higher Tuesday morning
- Certain ecosystems prove resistant to climate change
- One oft forgotten important fall chore: Sampling for SCN
- Timing of cheatgrass herbicides on wheat
- Cellerate receives EPA certification for cellulosic biofuels RINs
- Partnership to develop nitrogen enhancement technology
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals