Ag product and service to irrigation awards
The staff of the Palmdale Agricultural Site of the sanitation district manages a 12 million gallon-per-day capacity water treatment plant. Their work provides 100 percent treated effluent to irrigate, under center pivot, approximately 2,000 acres of agricultural crops. Management and staff has “shown the best in water management by navigating regulatory restrictions, crop rotations, nutrient loads and crop water demand to keep up with the county’s constant supply of recycled water,” the IA noted in announcing the award winner.
Honorable mention and People’s Choice Winner for the new product was Jain GeneSys from Jain Irrigation, Inc. A description of the product is unavailable. (What is extremely unusual is that no one will provide an explanation of what the product is or does. The Jain Irrigation, Inc. company website proudly announces that the product won the People’s Choice but has no link to show or describe the product. Several phone calls to the company by the IA and myself have resulted in not being connected to anyone who wants to talk or return calls.)
The IA works to improve industry proficiency, advocate sound water management and grow demand for water-efficient products and services. For more information, visit www.irrigation.org.
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Ukraine to lose 15% of grain crop in violence-hit regions
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America