Ag product and service to irrigation awards
The staff of the Palmdale Agricultural Site of the sanitation district manages a 12 million gallon-per-day capacity water treatment plant. Their work provides 100 percent treated effluent to irrigate, under center pivot, approximately 2,000 acres of agricultural crops. Management and staff has “shown the best in water management by navigating regulatory restrictions, crop rotations, nutrient loads and crop water demand to keep up with the county’s constant supply of recycled water,” the IA noted in announcing the award winner.
Honorable mention and People’s Choice Winner for the new product was Jain GeneSys from Jain Irrigation, Inc. A description of the product is unavailable. (What is extremely unusual is that no one will provide an explanation of what the product is or does. The Jain Irrigation, Inc. company website proudly announces that the product won the People’s Choice but has no link to show or describe the product. Several phone calls to the company by the IA and myself have resulted in not being connected to anyone who wants to talk or return calls.)
The IA works to improve industry proficiency, advocate sound water management and grow demand for water-efficient products and services. For more information, visit www.irrigation.org.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law