Ag markets are likely to be mixed Monday morning
Hog futures rose modestly Thursday, but traders were clearly unwilling to become very aggressive in the market before the late afternoon release of the quarterly USDA Hogs & Pigs report. That seemed bearish for the spring and summer contracts on the opening later this morning (remember that markets were closed for Good Friday). April hogs rose 0.52 cents to 80.60 cents/pound at their Thursday afternoon close, while June gained 0.40 cents to 91.07.
The March 28 USDA Prospective Plantings report stated 2013 cotton plantings at 10.026 million acres, which came in slightly below the average pre-report estimate at 10.08 million. Thus, the data seemed moderately supportive for ICE futures. However, the bearish tide that swept over the other crop markets weighed upon cotton as well. Conversely, futures began this week on a strong note in apparent response to overnight news that Chinese officials had not stepped up their cotton sales from stocks, thereby contradicting bearish statements made last week. May cotton rose 0.49 cents to 88.95 cents/pound early Monday morning, while December gained 0.50 cents to 87.87.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Declining Weigh Blend System
Ranco Fertiservice Inc.