Addition of 20,000 metric ton ammonia tank
OCI Partners LP, a Delaware limited partnership, announced it has acquired a 20,000 metric ton ammonia tank from Lucite International for additional ammonia storage capacity on-site at Beaumont, Texas.
OCI Partners owns and operates a recently upgraded, integrated methanol and ammonia production facility that is strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast near Beaumont.
The facility currently has a methanol production capacity of 730,000 metric tons per year and an ammonia production capacity of 265,000 metric tons per year.
By acquiring the tank, OCI Partners will have additional ammonia storage capacity and access to an ammonia pipeline. The access to the pipeline will allow OCI Partners the flexibility to switch a larger portion of its ammonia sales via pipeline, as opposed to barge providing more flexibility on a need-be basis.
In addition, the acquisition of the ammonia tank will facilitate the installation of ammonia truck and railcar loading capacity which will help diversify OCI Partners' customer base.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America