Addition of 20,000 metric ton ammonia tank
OCI Partners LP, a Delaware limited partnership, announced it has acquired a 20,000 metric ton ammonia tank from Lucite International for additional ammonia storage capacity on-site at Beaumont, Texas.
OCI Partners owns and operates a recently upgraded, integrated methanol and ammonia production facility that is strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast near Beaumont.
The facility currently has a methanol production capacity of 730,000 metric tons per year and an ammonia production capacity of 265,000 metric tons per year.
By acquiring the tank, OCI Partners will have additional ammonia storage capacity and access to an ammonia pipeline. The access to the pipeline will allow OCI Partners the flexibility to switch a larger portion of its ammonia sales via pipeline, as opposed to barge providing more flexibility on a need-be basis.
In addition, the acquisition of the ammonia tank will facilitate the installation of ammonia truck and railcar loading capacity which will help diversify OCI Partners' customer base.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals