Addition of 20,000 metric ton ammonia tank
OCI Partners LP, a Delaware limited partnership, announced it has acquired a 20,000 metric ton ammonia tank from Lucite International for additional ammonia storage capacity on-site at Beaumont, Texas.
OCI Partners owns and operates a recently upgraded, integrated methanol and ammonia production facility that is strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast near Beaumont.
The facility currently has a methanol production capacity of 730,000 metric tons per year and an ammonia production capacity of 265,000 metric tons per year.
By acquiring the tank, OCI Partners will have additional ammonia storage capacity and access to an ammonia pipeline. The access to the pipeline will allow OCI Partners the flexibility to switch a larger portion of its ammonia sales via pipeline, as opposed to barge providing more flexibility on a need-be basis.
In addition, the acquisition of the ammonia tank will facilitate the installation of ammonia truck and railcar loading capacity which will help diversify OCI Partners' customer base.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?