ASFMRA July 31 awards nomination deadline
American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers members are being asked to take advantage of the opportunity to nominate a fellow member and/or co-worker for the 2012 ASFMRA Membership Awards.
All ASFMRA members are invited to submit names of individuals who are standouts in the profession. As noted in the reminder of a July 31 deadline for these nominations, “This is your society and no one knows better than you who deserves special recognition for what they bring to both the organization and to the profession. Who are the leaders? Who stands out as the go-to person? Which of your fellow members are outstanding in their community, their profession, and their chapter?”
The award selection process will begin once the nomination deadline passes, and the award winners will be announced during the society’s AgroNomics & 83rd Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Ind., Oct. 29 to Nov. 2.
The awards for which nominations can be made through the website are Appraisal Professional of the Year; D. Howard Doane; Carl F. Hertz Distinguished Service; Early Career and Meritorious Service in Communications. Nominations for the Professional Farm Manager of the Year have already closed.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture