ASFMRA July 31 awards nomination deadline
American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers members are being asked to take advantage of the opportunity to nominate a fellow member and/or co-worker for the 2012 ASFMRA Membership Awards.
All ASFMRA members are invited to submit names of individuals who are standouts in the profession. As noted in the reminder of a July 31 deadline for these nominations, “This is your society and no one knows better than you who deserves special recognition for what they bring to both the organization and to the profession. Who are the leaders? Who stands out as the go-to person? Which of your fellow members are outstanding in their community, their profession, and their chapter?”
The award selection process will begin once the nomination deadline passes, and the award winners will be announced during the society’s AgroNomics & 83rd Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Ind., Oct. 29 to Nov. 2.
The awards for which nominations can be made through the website are Appraisal Professional of the Year; D. Howard Doane; Carl F. Hertz Distinguished Service; Early Career and Meritorious Service in Communications. Nominations for the Professional Farm Manager of the Year have already closed.
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- Free webinar for ag retailers on strip tillage
- White House agenda on climate change impacts to natural resources
- NGFA reiterates need for STB to change rail fuel surcharge rule
- 2014 World Food Prize awarded to Dr. Sanjaya Rajaram
- Arysta LifeScience agrees to acquisition
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals