ASABE issues four new standards for ag machinery
The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) announced that the international community approved four new International Organization for Standardization (ISO) projects to develop or revise documents in the ISO 4254 series of standards for agricultural machinery safety.
The projects are:
• A new standard specific to portable agricultural grain conveying equipment,
• A revision to Part 5, the standard for power-driven soil-working machines used in agriculture,
• A revision to Part 8, the standard for solid fertilizer distributors, and
• A revision to Part 9, the standard for mounted, semi-mounted, trailed or self-propelled seed drills.
These four standards prescribe specific safety requirements and means for their verification.
Individuals, companies or organizations who want to participate in the development of the documents or who want additional details regarding the projects are asked to contact Kristopher Schock at ASABE, email@example.com.
- Farm Market iD releases 2013 Land and Grower Database
- Even in isolated, pristine Tasmania, pressure for GMO farming
- Grains dipped Tuesday while the other markets climbed
- Cattle, soybeans climb Tuesday morning
- Maire Tecnimont to build $1.6 billion U.S. fertilizer plant
- Corn price premiums continue to fade