ASABE issues four new standards for ag machinery
The American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) announced that the international community approved four new International Organization for Standardization (ISO) projects to develop or revise documents in the ISO 4254 series of standards for agricultural machinery safety.
The projects are:
• A new standard specific to portable agricultural grain conveying equipment,
• A revision to Part 5, the standard for power-driven soil-working machines used in agriculture,
• A revision to Part 8, the standard for solid fertilizer distributors, and
• A revision to Part 9, the standard for mounted, semi-mounted, trailed or self-propelled seed drills.
These four standards prescribe specific safety requirements and means for their verification.
Individuals, companies or organizations who want to participate in the development of the documents or who want additional details regarding the projects are asked to contact Kristopher Schock at ASABE, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto