ASA, EPA to hold Q&A webinar on proposed water rule
The Environmental Protection Agency's proposed Waters of the U.S. rule has created a great deal of concern within the agriculture community, with little in the way of clarification to quell producers' concerns.
To address these questions, we encourage ASA members to join in a special ASA question-and-answer webinar with EPA Assistant Administrator for Water Nancy Stoner this Wednesday, July 30, from 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. Eastern.
Stoner heads EPA's water programs and has offered this opportunity for ASA members to ask questions about what the proposed rule will do. Comments on the rule are due October 20, 2014. Participants can join by phone or computer. Here are the webinar details:
Access Code: 976-750-745 (You will receive an audio pin after joining the webinar)
Webinar ID: 104-757-851
For more information on the webinar, please contact Patrick Delaney in ASA's Washington office at email@example.com.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta