ARA conference registration and housing open
Johnny Council, chairman of the Agricultural Retailers Association, invited ag retailers to the 2013 ARA Conference & Exposition, Dec. 3-5, at Trump's Doral Golf Resort & Spa in Miami, Fla., with a recent announcement. His message follows:
This year's theme is Play Like a Champion: Winning Strategies for Ag Retail. Whether you are a company pro, player, or caddy, we are confident that this year's conference platform will provide you with the best equipment to stay on top of your game.
We have an exciting team of speakers lined up for this year's general session. On Wednesday, Bill Whitacre, President and CEO of J.R. Simplot Company, will offer a global perspective on the state of the agriculture industry. He will be followed by ARA President and CEO Daren Coppock, who will present an update on current agricultural retail policy priorities in Washington. Lastly, Captain Mike Abrashoff, who took command of the worst-performing ship in a fleet and made it #1 by changing his leadership style and culture - not the crew, will provide a dynamic leadership development presentation.
This year's conference will feature two days of concurrent breakout sessions, allowing attendees to tailor-make their conference experience. Wednesday's sessions include Becoming A Destination Employer, led by Mike Smith and Mark Waschek of Ag 1 Source, and Fertilizer Industry Macro-Trends, led by Markets Editor Lauren Williamson and Consultant Stephen Mitchell with Argus FMB. Thursday's sessions include the Future of the Industry led by Allan Gray, Ph.D., of the Agricultural Economics Department at Purdue University and the New Technology Session, where top two winners of the 2013 ARA/AgGateway Technology Contest will present cutting-edge technology for agricultural retailers.
Conference attendees also have the opportunity to participate in exciting special events, receptions, and networking opportunities. Golfers will enjoy the ARAPAC Golf Tournament at the legendary Great White Course while others will be captivated by the Cuban Heritage Tour. This year's conference also features fun Spouse Activities, a Florida Agricultural Tour, and recognition of ag retail's emerging leaders. In addition, don't forget the popular ARA Annual Dinner & Auction on Wednesday evening and the trade show featuring over 75 exhibit spaces showcasing the latest products and services.
Be sure to register early for discounted registration fees as well as book your hotel room at Trump's Doral Golf Resort & Spa.
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Earth can sustain more plant growth than previously thought
- Bayer CropScience highlights upcoming farming innovations
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance launches new campaign
- Researchers find boron facilitates stem cell growth in corn
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease