Last day to nominate ARA's Ag Retailer of the Year
The Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) is now accepting nominations for the Agricultural Retailer of the Year Award. This award is sponsored by Monsanto Company, ARA and AgProfessional magazine and honors retailers who consistently exceed their customer's expectations and serve as a positive example for other retailers through their outstanding, sustainable and innovative business practices.
The winner of the ARA Retailer of the Year Award will receive the following: two round-trip airline tickets and two nights of accommodations at the Trump Doral Resort in Miami, Florida for the ARA Conference & Exposition, Dec. 3-5, 2013; a round-trip flight to meet with Monsanto representatives and ARA officers for a VIP dinner and tour of Monsanto's state of the art research facilities in St. Louis, Mo.; a special award presentation at the ARA Conference; and a beautiful crystal award to display at the retail facility. In addition, AgProfessional magazine will include a two-page article featuring the winning agricultural retailer in their magazine and on the ARA Retailer of the Year Award website at www.agprofessional.com/retailer-of-the-year.
The process for nominating a company to receive the ARA Retailer of the Year Award is simple. Click here and complete the online entry form by Friday, July 5, 2013. Retailers are also welcome to nominate their own operation for the award. A panel of judges will select finalists and determine a winner later this summer. The retailer finalists will be judged on the following criteria.
1. Effective Employee Relations
- Hires, trains and retains highly skilled, professional employees
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan
- Commits resources for employees to participate in professional certification and/or self-improvement programs
2. Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
- Respect for the environment beyond compliance
- Implements daily practices that improve the environment and the image of our industry
- Demonstrates use of sustainable and financially sensible practices that help to conserve and protect our natural resources to ensure a safe environment and food supply now and for future generations.
- Meets customer expectations, especially during the busiest time of the year
- Implements practices to reduce downtime (fleet management, preventive maintenance, etc.)
4. Community & Industry Leadership
- Civic involvement
- Local, state and national industry association involvement
- Must be an ARA member
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- ARA and TFI provide details of ResponsibleAg program
- FMC to split into two public companies
- Marrone Bio Innovations receives patent for biofungicide
- Central Valley Ag, United Farmers Cooperative propose merger
- As Dow seeks growth, new Enlist crop/chemicals seen as key
- China GMO research funding slides
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Speed King Blender
CrustBuster/Speed King, Inc.