ARA, TFI select ResponsibleAg board of directors
ResponsibleAg, a joint initiative by the Agricultural Retailers Association and The Fertilizer Institute, recently announced the new organization’s board of directors. The individuals were carefully selected from a cross section of the agricultural retail and fertilizer supply chain.
ResponsibleAg is being organized as an independent, not-for-profit organization designed to support fertilizer retailers’ compliance with federal safety and security regulations. Retail fertilizer dealerships as participating in ResponsibleAg will be inspected by trained auditors who will have successfully completed a training course based on the objectives of ResponsibleAg. Auditors will verify facilities conform to all current federal regulations.
ResponsibleAg’s board will be comprised of nine members, five representatives from ARA and four from TFI. ARA had a nominating committee in charge of selecting five board members, and TFI had the responsibility of selecting four board members.
An initial meeting of the ResponsibleAg board is scheduled for May 5 at the Asmark Institute in Owensboro, Ky., at which time the board will select officers. Objectives of the board will also be to adopt bylaws, create an annual operating budget and appoint a business manager to oversee day-to-day operations.
The ARA nominating committee selected board members Dave Ito, manager, human resources & regulatory affairs, Lyman/Tremont Group; Tim McArdle, executive vice president & COO, Brandt Consolidated; Billy Pirkle, senior director, environmental, health & safety, Crop Production Services; Scott Rawlins, director, regulatory & governmental affairs, Wilbur-Ellis; and Rod Wells, manager, Plant Food Division, Growmark, were selected by.
Board members selected by TFI were Alicia Duke, director, health and safety, Simplot; Justin Gough, director, agricultural products, LSB/El Dorado Chemical Company; Pete Mutschler, environmental and safety director, CHS Inc.; and Rosemary O’Brien, vice president, public affairs, CF Industries, Inc.
When the initial board of directors’ terms have expired, subsequent directors will be nominated from ResponsibleAg participating organizations.
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America