ARA, CCA comment on EPA's Drift Reduction Technology Program
ARA and the Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) program submitted written comments on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) proposed Drift Reduction Technology (DRT) program Jan. 23.
The stated intent of this voluntary DRT program is to verify the effectiveness of application technologies for agricultural pesticide sprays that have the potential to significantly reduce pesticide spray drift.
The focus of the program is on technologies such as spray nozzles, shrouds and shields, and drift reducing adjuvants used for aerial and ground boom applications to row and field crops.
For additional background information, here are some additional links:
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta