ARA, CCA comment on EPA's Drift Reduction Technology Program
ARA and the Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) program submitted written comments on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) proposed Drift Reduction Technology (DRT) program Jan. 23.
The stated intent of this voluntary DRT program is to verify the effectiveness of application technologies for agricultural pesticide sprays that have the potential to significantly reduce pesticide spray drift.
The focus of the program is on technologies such as spray nozzles, shrouds and shields, and drift reducing adjuvants used for aerial and ground boom applications to row and field crops.
For additional background information, here are some additional links:
- New webcasts save time, money during soybean aphid season
- Nutra-Flo’s two new products fight corn rootworm resistance
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Iteris, Satshot partner to deliver precision ag weather/imagery
- Russia's Uralkali to up potash price for China by 10%
- Ag markets proved quite mixed Tuesday night