APHIS updates biotech regulatory petitions
Notice of publication of these actions in the Federal Register, as well as links to the regulatory documents, will be posted to the APHIS website as they become available.
APHIS will also be publishing draft environmental assessments and draft plant pest risk assessments that the Agency has prepared in response to requests from BASF to deregulate its Imidazolinone resistant soybean, as well as from Monsanto to deregulate its high yield soybean. APHIS previously made BASF’s and Monsanto’s petitions available for public review and comment in July 2012. In response to its evaluation of the petitions, and the public comments it received, APHIS determined that it needed to prepare these draft assessments and make them available for public review and comment. Notification of publication of these actions in the Federal Register, along with links to the draft assessments, will be made available on the APHIS home page. Upon publication in the Federal Register, they will be available for 30 day public review and comment periods.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?