APHIS updates biotech regulatory petitions
Notice of publication of these actions in the Federal Register, as well as links to the regulatory documents, will be posted to the APHIS website as they become available.
APHIS will also be publishing draft environmental assessments and draft plant pest risk assessments that the Agency has prepared in response to requests from BASF to deregulate its Imidazolinone resistant soybean, as well as from Monsanto to deregulate its high yield soybean. APHIS previously made BASF’s and Monsanto’s petitions available for public review and comment in July 2012. In response to its evaluation of the petitions, and the public comments it received, APHIS determined that it needed to prepare these draft assessments and make them available for public review and comment. Notification of publication of these actions in the Federal Register, along with links to the draft assessments, will be made available on the APHIS home page. Upon publication in the Federal Register, they will be available for 30 day public review and comment periods.
- International Year of Soils set for 2015
- Extra care needed for wintertime fuel handling
- CLA issues statement on EPA’s neonicotinoid report
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday
- Valent launches new low VOC plant growth regulator
- Thursday's export data had mixed crop market implications
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement