AGCO’s new AgCommand integration with Raven Slingshot
click image to zoom AGCO announced a new AgCommand integration with the Raven Industries’ Slingshot system connected to its Fuse Technologies initiative. The ability to integrate AgCommand and Slingshot will provide growers with a more seamless experience by enabling their fleet and data management tools to sync together via the AgCommand website.
AgCommand is AGCO’s telematics and asset management tool that offers complete fleet management with machine performance reports, wireless communication, theft recovery and a Web-based application for easy access to data. Slingshot combines mobile wireless connectivity with online tools and precision ag hardware. The benefits of the AgCommand and Slingshot software now communicating through a unique API, or application programming interface, will ensure rate and location information will be visible to the grower in the AgCommand user interface.
“The ability to integrate AgCommand with Raven Slingshot is the result of Fuse Technologies, AGCO’s global initiative to provide farmers with seamless integration and connectivity across their operations,” says Matt Rushing, Vice President, Product Management, Global ATS and EFG. “Fuse enables farmers to integrate their AGCO equipment and precision agriculture technology with offerings from service providers including Raven, also a key provider of Viper Pro application control systems.”
“We’ve had a great relationship with AGCO for many years, and this API implementation is another example of our two companies working together to help farmers make better use of their data and fleet management tools, ultimately increasing efficiencies and helping them to make important decisions in their operations year over year,” says Matt Burkhart, Vice President and General Manager for Raven Industries Applied Technology Division.
In addition to implementing the Slingshot API, application equipment such as the industry-leading RoGator and TerraGator can now be ordered Slingshot ready, making it even simpler for growers to achieve a connected cab in the field and a user-friendly way to manage their operation logistics with AgCommand.
For more information about Fuse Technologies and AGCO’s new connected strategy, visit www.agcotechnologies.com. Visit www.ravenslingshot.com/store to purchase a one-time unlock for access to the Slingshot API and AgCommand via a Slingshot Field Hub.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
R&R Minuteman Blend System
R&R Manufacturing Inc.