4R Nutrient Stewardship research fund is launched
The fund will engage and leverage the resources of stakeholders who have an interest in pursuing this area of work. The fund will operate under the umbrella of the Foundation for Agronomic Research (FAR) and will be managed by a committee responsible for strategic decisions and final selection for research program expenditures. A technical advisory group consisting of industry, academic and government agency experts in agronomy, environmental sciences, sustainability, government relations and communications will also provide support to the management committee.
“Establishment of the 4R research fund demonstrates that the fertilizer industry is serious about ensuring that science is at the forefront of all that it does in the nutrient stewardship arena,” said TFI President Ford West. “Agricultural retailers provide not just inputs but also agronomic services and information to growers. This research will provide more information to them as they work with their farmer customers.”
"Through the establishment of the research fund, we hope to document and prove that the 4R’s will improve nutrient use efficiency and in doing so, be of benefit for the environment,” said IPNI President Dr. Terry Roberts.
- Ag markets diverged Tuesday morning
- Breakthrough in the understanding of plant growth, development
- Monsanto sells Desert Durum Wheat Research Program
- Midco Global, Inc. and DuBois Engineering sign joint venture
- Fargo selected for National Agricultural Genotyping Center
- Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings acquires Kerman Ag Resources