3D data now available from BlackBridge
BlackBridge announced that it is now an authorized reseller of Intermap’s NEXTMap World 30 Digital Surface Model (DSM). Customers now have the opportunity to purchase data that enables a wide variety of applications and efficiently perform geospatial analyses.
NEXTMap World 30 is built using corrected public data as the input source and offers users high performance accuracy and versatility. The World 30 digital surface model has a 30-meter ground sampling distance and filled voids that will give users the accuracy they need in industries such as agriculture, telecommunications, energy, risk planning, water management, defense, military, and a host of government services.
The strength of this partnership is that BlackBridge’s RapidEye imagery and Intermap’s World 30 data are very complimentary with each other. Intermap’s World 30 data add an extra degree of accuracy to the orthorectification of RapidEye imagery while providing an excellent data source to use in terrain draping for visual simulation or other modeling applications.
Intermap (www.intermap.com) is headquartered in Denver, Color., and is an industry leader in geospatial solutions on demand with its cloud based Orion Platform. Through its suite of 3DBI applications and proprietary development of contiguous databases that fuse volumes of geospatial data into a single source, the Orion Platform is able to provide location-based solutions for customers in diverse markets around the world. The use of RapidEye imagery allows for the inclusion of a visual and spectral component to the terrain data when doing analysis of geologic hazards, disaster monitoring, or cartographic applications.
This DSM uses over 204 million ground control points with an accuracy of 25 cm RMSE or better to control the vertical elevation of an aggregated surface model derived from ASTER GDEM v2, SRTM v2.1, and GTOPO30.The corrected DSMs were combined with Intermap’s proprietary data fusion technology to create a seamless, void-filled, and consistent dataset with a global accuracy of 7 meters RMSE. Additionally, it offers the most comprehensive coverage of the earth and regular automatic data updates for customers.
More about Intermap’s NextMap World 30 is at www.intermap.com. An overview of BlackBridge is at www.blackbridge.com.
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- Tire makers race to turn dandelions into rubber
- Toro releases guide for using micro-sprinklers for IPM
- USDA to fund $25 million in value-added producer grants
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Suppress Palmer pigweed with a ryegrass cover crop
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease